According to State Board Policy 801.01: Admission; All new/readmission students must provide one Primary Form of Documentation for Admission to Alabama Community Colleges. All International Students must provide an acceptable VISA.
- Registration for classes will not be allowed until the Admissions Office has received appropriate documentation.
- Documentation must be submitted in person to the admissions office -OR- a copy may be mailed -OR- emailed (firstname.lastname@example.org) to the admissions office (see below)
Types of Acceptable Identification:
- Unexpired Alabama Driver’s License or instruction permit
- Unexpired Alabama identification card
- Unexpired U.S. Passport
- Unexpired U.S. Permanent Resident Card
- Resident Alien Card-Pre-1997
- Unexpired Driver’s License or instruction permit from another state or possession that verifies lawful presence, dated 2000 and beyond
- U.S. Alien Registration Card (Form I0151) prior to 1978
- BIA or tribal identification card with photo
- I-797 Form with expiration date
If you possess "more substantial connections" with the State of Alabama than any other state and can certify that the address shown on your application is your residence in the State of Alabama, that you intend to remain in Alabama indefinitely, and that you have more substantial connections in Alabama than with any other state, then you are required to provide documentation of at least TWO of the following to the Admissions Office for certification before the in-state tuition rate is official. Other special circumstances will be considered on an individual basis.
1. Payment of Alabama State income taxes as a resident.
2. Ownership of a residence or other real property in the state and payment of ad valorem taxes.
3. Full-time, permanent employment in the state (self, spouse, or supporting person) or possession of state or local license to do business in the state.
4. Previous periods of residency in the state continuing for more than one year.
5. Maintenance in the state of checking and saving, safe deposit box, or investment accounts.
6. In-state address (street address, not P.O. Box) shown on driver’s license, automobile title registration, insurance policies, stock and bond registrations, last will and testament, annuities, or retirement plan investment accounts.