Gadsden State Community College Adult Education Services is committed to your educational needs. Our services are free of charge to our students and include GED preparation classes, English Literacy Acquisition (ELA) classes, Non-Traditional High School Diploma Options, ACCUPLACER PREPARATION, Career Pathways and simply helping individuals to advance their academic skills. Because we realize that all people learn differently, a variety of teaching methods are used based on each individual. We offer class sites in the following counties: Calhoun, Cherokee, Cleburne, and Etowah. We look forward to seeing you soon in one of our Adult Education classes. Please use the navigation links to browse our website.
Gadsden State’s Adult Education Services provides several classes at NO COST!
- Earn your high school diploma equivalency by successfully completing the General Education Development test or the
Non-Traditional High School Diploma Option
- Improve your basic educational competencies in areas, such as reading, language, mathematics, science and social studies
- Prepare for college
- Flexible GED prep class scheduling, including online and hybrid learning options, allows students to work at their own pace.
Classes are available between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
- Classes offered at various locations in Calhoun, Cherokee, Cleburne and Etowah counties
- Enroll in the English Language Acquisition class to gain a functional command of English by focusing on vocabulary and
sentence structure to improve reading, speaking and listening comprehension
- Learn a high-demand skills to prepare for a high-wage career in Career Pathways, an occupation training program available in a
variety of fields, including Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, Automotive Service, Carpentry, Certified Nursing Assistant,
Diesel Technology, Medical Records, Office Careers, Ready to Work, Truck Driving and Welding.
Click below for more information on Adult Education classes according to locations: