Want to Attend Gadsden State?
Eight Easy Steps to Enrollment
1. Apply for Admission
2. Apply for Financial Aid
- Complete the online FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Apply for any applicable scholarships; Scholarship website
- Visit the Gadsden State Financial Aid site for additional information.
3. Contact Testing Services
- To schedule Compass Placement Testing at Gadsden State Community College, please call (256) 549-8211 or (256) 835-5423.
- The College makes every effort to determine the appropriate level of beginning instruction for each student by requiring that students take appropriate placement examinations. After the assessment of strengths and weaknesses in English, reading, and mathematical skills, the student is placed in the proper sequence of courses. The COMPASS Placement Test is administered at each of the Gadsden State Community College campuses as well as nationwide. Call 800.645.1992 to locate a testing site. Scores are valid for three years from the date of the original or re-test assessment.
4. Academic Advisement
- Talk with a Gadsden State Community College counselor to develop your schedule based on your selected major.
5. Register for Classes and Pay Tuition and Fees
- Register Online during the registration period.
- Payment is due at the time of registration.
6. Obtain Your Student ID Card and Parking Decal
- For information regarding Student ID Cards, please contact the following:
- Gadsden Campuses – Whitney Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org, 108 Inzer Hall, 256-549-8329
- Ayers Campus – Wanda Wilkerson, email@example.com, LRC, 256-835-5433
- McClellan Center – Melinda Harvey, firstname.lastname@example.org, Library, 256-238-9352
- Cherokee Center – Julie Kennedy, email@example.com, Library, 256-927-1808
- Valley Street - Linda Sosebee, firstname.lastname@example.org, Library, 256-439-6887
- East Broad Campus - One Stop Center, 256-549-8200
7. Buy Your Text Books
- Visit the Gadsden State Bookstore online
8. Begin Classes!
- Check the current class schedule for the date classes begin.