Apply for graduation after you register for your last semester of courses and before the term deadline. Your Degree Works - Degree Audit should have all graduation and course requirements marked as complete or in-progress for completion.
Spring 2019 Graduation Application Deadline - Tuesday, April 9, 2019
How to Apply:
- Log into Self Service Banner
- Click on Student Tab
- Click on Student Records
- Click on Apply to Graduate
- Follow steps listed in the application
- Click submit
If your name is correct on record, continue. If not, visit Admissions and Records to submit a name change. Check all information for accuracy. The mailing address select will be the diploma mailing address if one is purchased.
Fall 2019 Graduation Ceremony
December 19, 2019 at 6 p.m.* (Wallace Hall, Gadsden)
Spring 2019 Graduation Ceremony
May 9, 2019 at 6:00 p.m.* (Cherokee Arena, Centre)
Summer 2019 Graduation Ceremony
August 8, 2019 at 6 p.m.* (Anniston/Oxford Area)
*Graduates should report no later than 5:15 p.m.
Caps & Gowns
Caps and gowns may be purchased at the Gadsden or Ayers campus bookstores. The price is approximately $40, and they will be available for purchase one month before the graduation ceremony.
Professional Photography at Ceremony
Official graduation photographs will be taken at each ceremony. Village Photographers will photograph each graduate as they cross the stage. An individual photo will also be taken of each graduate as they exit the stage. Proofs of these photos will be sent by mail and e-mail to graduates and their families within one week of the ceremony. Print packages start at under $10; however, there is no obligation to buy. To ensure that Village Photographers has the correct address information, please go to www.villagephotographers.com and click the blue “Sign up for Graduation Proofs” button. For additional information, contact Village Photographers at 334-821-9196 or email@example.com.
Graduation Ceremony Checklist
- Purchase your cap, gown, and tassel from the Bookstore
- Dress your best! Most students wear dress clothes or nice jeans. Wear nice shoes you can walk up and down stairs in and stand in for long periods of time.
- If you have honor cords, you may wear them. These are purchased through each Honor’s Society.
- Be on time! Check-in and marching lineup are at 5:15 p.m. the afternoon of the ceremony.
- Leave personal items such as a purse, camera, or phone with a guest or in your vehicle. There will be no secure areas for these items during the ceremony.
Please note that all candidates for graduation will undergo an official graduation audit after final grades post.
Graduation is final only after all requirements are met and the official audit is complete. The process may take 2-3 weeks or longer to complete. After all students have been finalized, an email will be sent notifying students of transcript availability.
Spring 2019 diplomas will be mailed out on or after June 17, 2019.
Summer 2019 diplomas will be mailed out on or after September 16, 2019.
All graduates who wish to receive a printed diploma must pay the $10.00 diploma fee. Payment for your diploma can be made at the Business Office on any campus or online through Self Service using the steps below.
Diploma Fee Payment Instructions:
- Login to your Self Service Account
- Click Student Tab > Registration > Registration Fee Assessment
- Click Submit under the term
- Click Pay Account
- Click Pay Now and type in the amount (ex: $10.00)
- Type in the account information, then continue.
- Submit Payment
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org that the payment has been submitted along with your G#
Q: How will I know if I am accepted for graduation?
A: Check your Gadsden State Student email for updates on your graduation evaluation.
Q: How can I pay for my $10 diploma fee?
A: Diploma fees are not automatically charged to students accounts. When you make your diploma payment through Self Service Banner, you need to contact the Business Office and let them know you have paid your diploma fee.
Q: When can I request my transcript with my graduation award on it?
A: Emails will send out after final audits are completed once grades post for that semester. Final audits can take up 3-4 weeks to finalize.
Q: Do I have to attend the ceremony?
A: No, whether you walk at the ceremony or not is completely your choice as the graduate.
Q: Will students receive diplomas at the graduation ceremony?
A: No, students do not receive diplomas at the graduation ceremony. Final evaluations must occur before student diplomas can be printed.
Q: When will diplomas be ready?
A: Diplomas cannot be printed until final audits are completed. Final audits may take up to 3-4 weeks to be finalized and then an additional 2‐3 weeks to receive the diplomas back from the printers.