A transcript is an exact copy of a student’s permanent academic record at the time it is issued. It can be either an official or an unofficial transcript, the latter usually issued directly to and only for the personal information of the student concerned. Partial transcripts are not issued. A Gadsden State Community College transcript only includes the student’s complete record at Gadsden State.
Transcripts covering a student’s secondary and previous college education that have been submitted to Gadsden State to meet a requirement for admission become part of the Registrar’s official file. The College does not reissue or certify copies of transcripts from other institutions. The student concerned must order any required transcripts directly from other institutions where the coursework was taken.
The official permanent academic records for all Gadsden State students are maintained by the Records Office. This information is protected by federal law, and release of any information is done only in accordance with the guidelines set forth in the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974. Only the student may request a copy of his or her academic record. Friends and family are not permitted access to a student’s record without written permission of that student.
If the student wishes to request or pick up a transcript from the Records Office, he/she should be prepared to show a photo ID. Transcripts are issued only at the written request or authorization of the student concerned. Transcripts may be requested through Self Service Banner, or by completing the transcript request form, which can be faxed or mailed.
Option 1 is typically for students who attended recently or are current students.
**If option 1 does not work, please see Option 2 below.
Request Transcript through Self Service Banner (see below for instructions):
1. Go to www.gadsdenstate.edu; click the Self Service Banner link.
2. Select the first option that says “Enter Secure Area”
3. If you know your G#, this is where you would enter it. You must use a capital G when entering the number. If you do not know your G#, you can use your Social Security Number (no dashes). The PIN is your six-digit birthdate (mmddyy). You will be required to change your PIN the first time you sign in.
4. Click on “Student Button”; then click “Student Records”; then “Request printed Transcript”.
5. Enter ONE of the options for address - Either College code, your address, or Issue To.
6. Select Transcript Type and fill in other information on screen. If you selected a college, the information will already be filled in. Do not alter the information. Click continue.
7. Be sure to select Delivery Method—USPS Standard Mail. *Note* Your transcript will not process without this option selected. Continue.
8. Submit Request.
Option 2 can be used if the first Option does not work, or if previously attended more than a few years ago. Click on Transcript Request Form. This needs to be printed and filled out with a handwritten signature, in order for our office to process.
This will pull up a form that needs to be printed, filled out, hand signed, and then you can send it in by email or mail. The email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. The information can also be found at the bottom of the form. We will then mail the Official Transcript to the address on the form.
*Former Dual Student: Dual enrollment credit is contingent upon high school graduation. Official college credit for dual enrollment courses will not be finalized on the student's Gadsden State transcript until proof of high school graduation is submitted to Gadsden State. Request that your high school send Gadsden State your graduated transcript as soon as it is available after graduation. Once Gadsden State receives your graduated high school transcript, you may request that we send your Gadsden State transcript to the college of your choice.