On-Campus Housing & Amenities
Room and Amenities
Fowler Hall is a 110-bed, co-ed facility that has a diverse community of residents, including international students and athletes. The facility is staffed from 7 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Gadsden State Security maintains Fowler Hall after hours.
Prospective students must apply for admissions to Gadsden State and must be full-time students (minimum of 12 credit hours in Fall and Spring semesters and six in summer mini-terms). The Residence Hall application and a deposit of $200 are required in order to be placed on a waiting list for a room. The student will be notified when a room is available. After all fees have been paid, the students is then guaranteed a room for the current or following semester. Rooms are assigned on a first-paid, first-served basis. Delaying to pay the full dorm fee may result in the student not getting a room.
A receipt of “payment in full” should be presented to the Fowler Hall staff to guarantee a room assignment. Every effort will be made to comply with a suitemate request; however, the College reserves the right to assign the applicant to available space. NOTE: A processing fee of $25 may be withheld from the Residence Hall deposit refund if the student fails to move into on-campus housing by the date indicated on the application.
The room and board fee pays for a room plus 15 meals per week in the cafeteria located on the Wallace Drive Campus while classes are in session. Free cable service and free local television service is available to residents. Residents must provide their own television, telephone and long distance carrier. Cable internet is also available at an additional cost to the student.
The fees listed below are based on double occupancy and are subject to the Gadsden State refund policy (link to: https://www.gadsdenstate.edu/business_office/refunds_)
|Fall Semester (full)||$2,400|
|Fall Mini I or Mini II||
|Spring Semester (full)||
|Spring Mini I or Mini II||$1,200|
|Summer Semester (full)||$1,125|
|Summer Mini I (no meal plan)||$192|
|Summer Mini II or Mini III||$563|
When a student moves out of Fowler Hall, they should apply for a dorm deposit refund. Any tuition, fees, fines or penalties that are due on the student’s account will be deducted from the deposit refund. If the student does not owe a balance, the entire deposit will be refunded with the exceptions noted below. The student must return the room key and leave the room in satisfactory condition and free of damage. However, the following infractions will result in deductions from the deposit refund:
- Key not returned: $40
- Cable remote not returned: $25
- Broken window blinds: $15
- Not vacating the room within 24 hours of the last day of finals: $12 per night
- Does not remove belongings from room by the stated time: $12 per night
- College official removes personal belongings from room: $50
The College will attempt to notify the student if any personal belongings are left in the room. Personal belongings left at the College for 90 days are considered abandoned and a property of Gadsden State. If the amount owed by the student exceeds the $200 deposit, the student will be responsible for paying the balance due.
Refund checks will be mailed to the address on record in the Registrar’s Office. The dates on which refund checks are scheduled to be mailed are published in each semester class schedule.
During semester breaks or extended holidays, Fowler Hall will be available for students to stay. However, during these additional periods between semesters, there will be a $12 charge per night. No meals will be included. The charge for breaks and holidays must be paid in advance. Housing is not guaranteed during breaks and extended holidays.
Guests who stay in Fowler Hall are expected to pay $12 per night per person. Guests under 16 years old are allowed to visit in the lobby only. Guests of the opposite sex are not allowed to remain overnight. Fowler Hall residents who want an overnight guest to stay with them must first get permission from the Residence Hall director and pay for the night(s) in advance. The receipt must be presented to Fowler Hall staff prior to the stay. The guest must provide a copy of a picture identification card to the staff. Other guests of the College may stay in the dorm after they have permission from the director and have paid the $12 nightly fee.
The following is a list of items we suggest you purchase for your dorm room:
- Bedding & Linen
- Twin Sheets (Flat/Fitted), Pillow(s)/Pillow Case(s), Blanket, Bedspread (Twin Size), Mattress Pad and cover (Twin Size), Towels (Bath Size), Hand Towels, Washcloths, Shower Curtain
- Clothing Supplies/Laundry Needs
- Hangers, Iron, Ironing Board, Laundry Detergent, Fabric Softener, Bleach,
- General Supplies
- Paper Plates, Plastic Utensils, Plastic Cups, Paper Towels, Containers to store opened food
- Personal Hygiene Items
- Soap, Shampoo, Hair Conditioner, Hair Brush/Comb, Lotion, Toothbrush/Toothpaste, Dental Floss, Razor, Shaving Cream, Sunscreen, Deodorant, Bathroom Tissue (Toilet Paper)
- Electric Equipment*
- Telephone, Television, Microwave, Fan, Clock Radio * No open element equipment such as a hot plate or toaster is allowed.
- Cleaning Supplies
- Broom, Mop, Cleaning Sponges, Scrub Brush, Toilet Bowl Brush, Toilet Bowl Cleanser, Mildew Cleanser (Tile-Ex, etc.), Scouring Powder (Comet, Bab-Bo, etc.), General Purpose Cleanser (Pine-Sol, Mr. Clean, etc.), Glass Cleaner (Windex, etc.),
- From allergies to headaches, there is a large selection of non-prescription drugs available to you at Super Wal-Mart Center or Wal-Green’s. Ask the Pharmacist at the Pharmacy for help!
- Snack Foods are allowed in your room. Open food must be kept in a sealed container
Each room at Fowler Hall is equipped with a single twin-sized bed, desk with chair and a refrigerator. There are ADA-compliant rooms available upon request.
Free basic cable and wifi are available to Fowler Hall residents. Enhanced cable and internet service is available in the room and can be purchased separately from Xfinity.
Fowler Hall offers FREE laundry services. Two laundry rooms are located in the north and south basement and include two clothes washers and two dryers in each.
Fowler Hall has a game room with a pool table, ping pong table, large screen HDTV with a DVD player and other types of games.
A study lounge is provided as well as a lobby area with four internet-accessible computers for residents to do homework assignments, conduct research and check email and social media accounts.
Snack and drink vending machines are located in Fowler Hall
A cafeteria is located on the Wallace Drive Campus across the street from Fowler Hall. The cost of the on-campus housing includes the room and three meals a day, five days a week. The cafeteria is open Monday through Friday but is closed on the weekends and holidays. Transportation is provided to the local shopping areas twice a day on the weekends and holidays for Fowler Hall residents.
Fowler Hall adheres to the 1968 Civil Rights Act regarding discrimination in its facilities.