The Cardinal Foundation exists to support the mission of Gadsden State Community College and provide opportunities for students.
The Cardinal Foundation is an approved IRS 501(c)(3) support organization established to raise, manage, distribute and steward private resources to support the mission of Gadsden State. The Foundation is managed and controlled by a Board of Directors.
Excellence in Leadership Fund
The Cardinal Foundation is awarding funds received from an anonymous donor for scholarships and student aid.
The Cardinal Foundation presents several scholarships each year to Gadsden State students. DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MARCH 15!
The Cardinal Foundation
P.O. Box 8265, Gadsden, AL 35902
Tax ID #46-0730246
The Swoop Sprint 5K is a family-friendly scholarship fundraiser hosted by Gadsden State and the Gadsden State Cardinal Foundation. The purpose of the event is to raise money for student scholarships. It is a Gadsden Runners Club Prix Event. Last year's the Swoop Sprint raised $8,900.
Thank you to our 2022 Sponsors:
Platinum Level: Swoop! Swoop!
- Bookstore at Gadsden State
- The Chamber of Gadsden/Etowah County
Gold Level: Swoop There It Is
- Cherokee County Chamber of Commerce
- City of Centre
- Exchange Bank
- Family Savings Credit Union
- Ronnie Watkins Ford
- The Think Tank Media
Silver Level: Swooping In
- Alabama Teachers Credit Union
- Buffalo Rock
- Jim Burke Downtown Auto Mall
- Gadsden Regional Medical Center
- Langley Performance Inc.
- The Messenger
- McClellan Family Chiropractic
- Merrill Lynch Wealth Management
- Preferred Health Services, Inc.
- River Bank & Trust
- RMC Health System
- Simmons Sign & Graphics
Bronze Level: One Fell Swoop
- Advantage EMS
- The Alabama Gift Company
- BD Welch Construction
- Cherokee Electric Co-op
- CMP Talladega Marksmanship Park
- Gadsden-Etowah Industrial Development Authority
- Gadsden Variety
- Gerald Pentecost, CPA
- Greater Gadsden Area Tourism
Heather New, Mayor of Gadsden campaign
- Modern Woodmen
- Team 1 Automotive
- Jonathan M. Welch, Attorney at Law
Green Level: Swoop Support
- Tang Mart
2022 Swoop Sprint
April 9, 2022
- Runners registered by March 24, 2022 will be guaranteed a t-shirt.
- Race-day packet pickup and registration starts at 7:30 a.m.
- Race begins at 9 a.m. at the Beck Field House on the Wallace Drive Campus
- Walkers and strollers are welcome!
The Gadsden State Cardinal Foundation hosted a scholarship luncheon for named scholarship donors and scholarship recipients.
Dr. Kathy Murphy with Alabama Power reps Terry Smiley and Spencer Williams. APCO presented a $5,000 grant to the Gadsden State Cardinal Foundation for the Boys & Girls Club Career Academy Scholarship.
President Mark Condra, Treasurer Bryan Dorsett and board member Gayle Macolly with Swoop at the 2021 Homecoming Tailgate party.
Board member Tommie Goggans III and President Mark Condra at the 2021 Swoop Sprint 5K.
Board of Directors
Members of the Board of Directors represent one of the three counties where Gadsden State campuses are located – Etowah, Calhoun and Cherokee counties.
- President: Mark Condra
- Vice President: Bryan Dorsett
- Secretary: Anna Moore
- Treasurer: Tommie Goggans III
- Past President: Steve Hildebrant
- Lynn King
- Nanda Patel
- Ricky Ray
- Honorable Tim Burgess
- Major General Eric Crabtree
- Heather New
- Kristen Fillingim
- Theresa Hulgan
- Bud Owsley
- David Hooks
- Gerri Langley
- Trudy Lowe
- Gayle Macolly
- Jonathan Tang
- Davis Varner
- Bess Yarbrough