Proof of US Citizenship

All new and returning students must provide one of the below primary forms of identification for admissions purposes. (All international students must provide an acceptable VISA.)  The below documentation may be submitted in person, by mail, or by email to the Admissions Office.

Types of Acceptable Identification:

  • Unexpired Alabama Driver’s License
  • Unexpired Alabama Identification Card
  • Unexpired U.S. Passport
  • Unexpired U.S. Permanent Resident Card
  • Unexpired Resident Alien Card 
  • Unexpired Driver’s License from another state that verifies lawful presence, dated 2000 and beyond
  • U.S. Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-151) prior to 1978
  • BIA or tribal identification card with photo
  • Unexpired I-797 Form with expiration date
  • Unexpired Workers Authorization
  • Voter identification card from a state that verifies lawful presence