The Alumni Association is accepting nominations for the 2022 Alumni of the Year Awards; nominations are due by Nov. 30!
The Gadsden State Alumni Association is an advocacy group comprised of alumni, students, faculty, staff and community supporters. Its purpose is to advance, support and promote the interests of the College, its students, the alumni and its members.
The Gadsden State Alumni Association provides scholarships, recognition opportunities, engagement and networking events and more for students, faculty, staff, alumni and members. Become a member today by completing a membership application.
- Associate: Gadsden State faculty and staff, spouses of graduates and friends of Gadsden State
- Graduate: Individuals who have graduated from certificate or degree programs at Gadsden State
- Regular: Current and former, full-time or part-time Gadsden State students
- Student Chapter: $10 a year (Gadsden State students graduating with a certificate or degree receive a one-year complimentary membership)
- Annual Membership: $20 a year (renewal in October)
- Lifetime Membership: $300 (installment plans are available)
DUES SHOULD BE SENT VIA CHECK TO:
Alumni Association Treasurer
PO Box 227
Gadsden, AL 35902
2022-2023 Gadsden State Alumni Member Benefits (Etowah County)
- 20% off at the Gadsden State Book Store on all GSCC Labeled Merchandise
- Free Admission +1 to all Athletic Events
- Free Gear Rental with Purchase of Day Pass at GadRock Climbing Gym
- 10% off Food and Merchandise at Back Forty
- 15% off Lunch Purchase at Gadsden Variety
- Buy 2 Get One Free at Frios Gourmet Pops (Noccalula Falls only)
- 10% at Blackstone Pub and Eatery purchase (excludes alcohol)
- 10% off Current Market & Deli purchase (excludes alcohol)
- 10% off play at The Alley
- 10% off play at The Factory
- 10% off at The Coffee Bar
- 10% off at The Alabama Gift Company
- $5 off Vehicle Services at Ronnie Watkins Ford
GSCC Alumni Benefits Program (Calhoun County)
- 20% off GSCC Merchandise at GSCC Bookstore
- $10 off adjustments for Private Payers at Harrison Sports Chiropractic
- Free consultation if using Health Insurance at Harrison Sports Chiropractic
- 10% off entire purchase at Dang Girl, What’s Poppin Boutique
- $5 off Labor Charge at Langley Performance
- $1 Regular Snowball at Pelican’s Snowballs
- 10% off Cutter’s Pizza at Alexandria and Oxford Locations
- 10% off any Regular Priced Item at Kolectic Treasures
- 10% off at Music City Bagels
- 10% off at Coldwater Mountain Brew Pub (excludes alcohol)
- 10% off at Thumb Sucker’s restaurant in Oxford
The Gadsden State Alumni Association is selling commemorative, personalized bricks that will be placed in the newly-renovated courtyard at the College’s Wallace Drive Campus to raise funds for student scholarships.
The bricks are $100 each and include three lines of 16 characters or spaces per line.
The Gadsden State Alumni Association gives student scholarships each year. In 2021, the Alumni Association awarded scholarships to two currently-enrolled Gadsden State students. The scholarships are applied toward tuition, fees and books.
Stephanie Hamby is the daughter of Lisa & Howard Clark and Rodney Hamby. She is majoring in general studies with a focus on business management. She plans to graduate spring 2022 and hopes to pursue a career in finance management and human resources.
Torance "Torie" Morgan
Torance “Torie” Morgan is from Attalla and is the daughter of Matthew and Candice Morgan. She enrolled in the surgical tech program and plans to graduate May 2022. After graduation, Morgan would like to work as a surgical tech in an operating room.
The Gadsden State Alumni Association honors several individuals at the annual Christmas luncheon for outstanding service to the College. Heather New, president of the Alumni Association, presented certificates to outstanding faculty, technical faculty, support staff and alumni. Honorees received a personalized brick that will be placed in the courtyard on the Wallace Drive Campus.
|Fay Scott is an instructor of Office Administration and Health Information Systems Technology Management. The selection committee was moved by the fact that a student nominated Scott for the award. In the nomination letter, the student said she has become a better person because Scott cheered her on and helped her get through life. She said, “I would not be the person I am today if she had not invested in me in the classroom.”|
The winner of the Outstanding Technical Faculty Member is Tarina VanNatta, the instructor for the College’s FAME program located on Gadsden State’s Ayers Campus in Anniston. VanNatta accepted the position as an Industrial Automation instructor in 2019 after working for several years in manufacturing as an assembly technician, engineering assistant, electronics lab assistant and maintenance technician. She is a 2011 Summa Cum Laude graduate of Gadsden State and is a member of the Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society and National Technical Honors Society.
Tim Carter, software analyst in Information Technology Services, is the winner of the Outstanding Support Staff Award.
|The Distinguished Alumni of the Year Award went to Kaycee Warsham, a 2020 graduate of the Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program at Gadsden State. Kaycee has volunteered many hours as a lab assistant for our current DMS students as well as the students working at the Etowah Pregnancy Center. Warsham also serves as a clinical instructor at Gadsden Regional Medical Center, where she is a registered obstetrics/gynecology sonographer.|
|The Distinguished Service Award was presented to Mark Condra, the president of the Cardinal Foundation. Condra is an active member of Gadsden First United Methodist Church. He has served as the chairman of both the Gadsden Cultural Arts Foundation and the membership committee for The Chamber of Gadsden/Etowah. He has served as a member of the District Committee for the Boy Scouts and the project coordinator for a four-church campaign to serve the community in school clean-up projects. “Mark has done a wonderful job in leading the foundation and helping grow its assets. He is a true leader in every way, and we are immensely honored and proud to recognize him in this momentous way,” said Becky Watson from Development, Alumni and Community Relations.|
- President: Heather New
- Vice President: Julie White
- Treasurer: Baisha Woody
- Secretary: Tom McElrath
- Melissa Davis
- Brooke Davis
- Christine Foster-Cates
- Maria Petersen