Fall 2021 Operational Plan
Dr. Kathy Murphy, president of Gadsden State Community College, recently announced the operational plan for the College during the fall semester.
“It is our desire and current plan to reopen Gadsden State to pre-pandemic operations,” she said. “However, we are experiencing an increase in the number of COVID-19 cases, particularly those related to the Delta variant. We will continuously monitor the COVID-19 numbers and make decisions about precautions as warranted.”
She said the top priority at Gadsden State is the health, safety and well-being of students, personnel and the community.
“I encourage everyone to take a moment to thoroughly review Gadsden State’s Operation Plan for the fall semester,” she said. “The information is in regards to campus access, exposure guidance, remote work and travel.”
The Operational Plan can be found at gadsdenstate.edu/coronavirus. Some important notes from the Operational Plan include:
- Wearing masks/facial coverings on Gadsden State campuses is highly recommended but not required.
- Unvaccinated individuals are expected to practice physical distancing whenever possible.
- The scheduling of campus events and meetings will return to pre-COVID status.
- The use of campus facilities to external entities continue to require approval from the president.
- Pursuant to state law, Gadsden State will not mandate the COVID vaccine as a condition of attendance or employment but vaccination is strongly encouraged for all students, faculty and staff.
“As we know from our previous experiences with COVID-19, we may have to pivot quickly and implement strategies and precautions to better protect our Gadsden State family,” Murphy said.
Students and employees wanting to schedule a vaccination can do so by visiting www.vaccines.gov or www.Alcovidvaccine.gov.