Gadsden State reintroduces the Cardinal Promise Scholarship for Mini Term II
Gadsden, Ala. – Gadsden State Community College is reintroducing its community scholarship program for Mini Term II in an effort to increase affordability of for-credit academic and technical courses at all five campuses.
The Cardinal Promise Scholarship was first introduced in October as a “buy-one, get one” option for students enrolling in the spring semester. The purpose of the scholarship is to assist students who may be facing financial challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Cardinal Promise has now expanded to Spring Mini Term II, which begins March 4. The scholarship allows eligible students to purchase up to nine paid hours while receiving an equivalent number of credit hours tuition-free.
Below is current information about the Cardinal Promise Scholarship:
- Prior to being considered for this funding, students must be registered for Mini Term II classes.
- Students must complete their 2020-21 FAFSA to be eligible for the scholarship. Dual-enrolled high school students are exempt from this requirement.
- Eligible students may be full time, part time, dual enrolled, returning or new. Transient students are not eligible.
- Eligible students cannot be receiving other institutional scholarships or third-party billing (WIOA, TRA, VA, etc.) for the Mini Term II.
- The scholarship is only applied to equivalent credit hours of the purchased class. For example, a student must purchase a three credit-hour class to get a three credit-hour class tuition-free.
- There is no minimum-hour requirement for the scholarship.
- The waiver is for tuition only. Students will be responsible for fees.
- Being a Pell grant recipient does not exclude anyone from the scholarship.
- Students must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to be eligible.
- Students must complete the Mini Term II Tuition Waiver Request Form located on the myGadsdenState portal.
For more information, email email@example.com