Cherokee County Civitan Club offers $1,000 scholarship to GSCC student
Centre, Ala. – The Cherokee County Civitan Club is offering a $1,000 scholarship to a qualifying student with a disability at Gadsden State Community College. The scholarship may be used toward the cost of tuition, books, fees or other expenses charged to the student by the College for the 2022-2023 academic year.
To apply, the student must complete a Cherokee County Civitan Club scholarship application and meet the following criteria:
- Student must be registered through the Gadsden State Office of Disability Services and
- Student must be a resident of Cherokee County.
- Student must be enrolled at Gadsden State Cherokee with a minimum of six credit hours.
- Student must have at least a 2.5 GPA.
- Student must have completed their high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Student must satisfactorily demonstrate financial need for the scholarship.
Applications may be obtained from the Gadsden State Cherokee Business Office. The application along with a typed paragraph detailing financial need and one letter of recommendation from a non-family member in the community should be submitted to Gadsden State Cherokee by June 1. The application packet may be mailed or dropped off to the campus located at 801 Cedar Bluff Road in Centre. Award decisions will be made by June 15. For more information, call 256-927-1800.