Electrical Technology provides training in the areas of residential, commercial and industrial electrical occupations. Instruction is provided in the area of safety, good work habits, teamwork, communication skills and entry-level knowledge that enables graduates to obtain employment as a multi-craft electro-mechanical technologist. Day and evening classes are available. The program is located on the Ayers and East Broad campuses.
- Associate in Applied Science (76 hours)
- Certificate (43 hours)
- Short-term Certificate (25 hours)
Wesley Beecham, East Broad Campus, Gadsden
Electrical Technology is a scholarship-eligible program for Gadsden State’s Dual Enrollment Program. The program is available to eligible high school students. Through Dual Enrollment, students earn both college and high school credits. Eligible students must have at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA. They must be a high school sophomore, junior or senior, and they must have approval from a high school counselor or administrator. Limited scholarships and grants are available!
- 2021 Median Pay: $60,040 per year
- Number of jobs nationwide: 711,200
- Employment growth projection by 2031: 7%
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Programmable Logic Control
- Computer Animated Electrical Design
- Industrial Maintenance Technology