Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC)
Gadsden State Community College’s Adult Education Services hosts a program that leads to a certification through the Manufacturing Skill Standards Council. MSSC is the nation’s leading industry-led training, assessment and certification organization focused on the core technical competencies needed by the nation’s frontline production and material handling workers.
The CPT certification recognizes those who demonstrate mastery of the foundational, core competencies of advanced manufacturing production at the entry-level to front-line supervisor through successful completion of the assessments. The goal is to raise the level of performance of production technicians to help employers ensure their workforce increases the company's productivity and competitiveness.
The Certified Production Technician (CPT) takes approximately 12-weeks to complete the program and gives students a full Certified Production Technician (CPT) certificate.
If you are interested in MSSC, please fill out this form:
MSSC has two optional training courses which combine interactive, online training with instructor-led material to help individuals learn the basic skills and knowledge required for material handling jobs that will prepare them for certification and their career. The Certified Logistics Associate (CLA) and Certified Logistics Technician (CLT) takes approximately three weeks to complete.
Foundation-level Certified Logistics Associate® (CLA)
- Demonstrate an understanding of the various roles in the global supply chain logistics life cycle
- Demonstrate an understanding of the logistics environment
- Operate and use equipment
- Practice safety principles
- Practice quality control principles
- Employ work communication practices
- Practice teamwork and good workplace behavior to solve problems
- Use relevant computer systems and applications to increase productivity
Mid-level Certified Logistics Technician (CLT)
- Receive products
- Stock products
- Process product orders
- Prepare packages for shipment and ship products
- Maintain control of inventory
- Handle hazardous materials in a safe manner
- Evaluate transportation modes
- Perform dispatch, routing and tracking operations
- Understand U.S. measurements and metric system conversions