Students are trained as entry-level technicians in many fields, including industrial controls technician, electronic communications technician and biomedical equipment technician. Students should have a good math and science background. The program is located on the East Broad Campus.
- General Option Associate in Applied Science
- Mechatronics, Robotics & Automation Associate in Applied Science
- Electronic Engineering Technology Certificate
- Advanced Robotics Short-Term Certificate
- Mechatronics Advanced Automation Short-Term Certificate
Electronic Engineering Technology is a scholarship-eligible program for Gadsden State’s Dual Enrollment Program. The program is available to eligible high school students. Through Dual Enrollment, students earn both college and high school credits. Eligible students must have at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA. They must be a high school sophomore, junior or senior, and they must have approval from a high school counselor or administrator. Limited scholarships and grants are available!
- 2022 Median Pay: $66,390 per year
- Number of jobs nationwide: 102,500
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Electronic Communications Technician
- Industrial Electronics Technician
- PLC Technician
- Computer Electronics Technician
- Biomedical Equipment Technician
- Electronic Instrumentation