Gadsden State Community College and partnering Chambers of Commerce have entered a partnership that includes the College providing educational opportunities for qualified employees of each chamber as well as their membership. The BOGO Scholarship provides tuition for a free course for each paid course at Gadsden State during the Summer 2024 semester.
- Must be a full- or part-time employee of The Chamber of Gadsden and Etowah County, the Cherokee County Chamber of Commerce or the Calhoun County Chamber of Commerce or an employee of a chamber member
- Covers Summer Semester 2024
- Can be used for programs resulting in a certificate or an associate degree
- Must be in good academic standing with any previously-attended college
- Must maintain at least a 2.5 GPA to remain eligible for scholarship
STEPS TO APPLY
Interested students should complete the following steps:
- Request a letter* from their employer, on company letterhead, that contains:
- Re: GSCC / Chamber Scholarship
- Employee’s Name
- Gadsden State Student ID Number (if known)
- Company Name
- Verification of Current Employment
- Apply for admission to Gadsden State (if not already a student)
- Register for classes for the upcoming semester
- Submit this form to request BOGO funding. The form requires that you attach a letter from the employer and class schedule. Students must be registered for classes before submitting the form so that BOGO funds may be applied appropriately.
*Students who received BOGO funding for the Spring 2024 semester are required to fill out the application form each semester and resubmit the employer letterhead.
BOGO Scholarship cannot be combined with any other institutional aid, tuition discounts or specialized package pricing due to other MOUs.
Books, fees and other costs associated with the free course are the responsibility of the employee.
The scholarship is not retroactive.
Gadsden State and each Chamber partner will monitor the performance of the BOGO Scholarship Program and revise as necessary.
Representatives from the College and each Chamber will meet at least, but not limited to, once per semester. These meetings will serve to discuss and agree upon any proposed changes, problems or items that need to be updated or corrected.
Each involved party reserves the right to terminate the program upon reasonable notice.
The public will be notified of any changes to the BOGO Scholarship Program.
Signed MOU with The Chamber of Gadsden and Etowah County
Signed MOU with the Cherokee County Chamber of Commerce
Signed MOU with the Calhoun County Chamber of Commerce