Educational Talent Search is a federally-funded program designed to help participants succeed in secondary and postsecondary education. Students in grades 6-12 are assisted in getting through high school as well as enrolling in college or career technical training. Secondary or postsecondary dropouts are also assisted in re-enrolling in school or in obtaining a GED.
What are the benefits of Educational Talent Search?
ETS provides a number of services to program participants, including:
- Academic, financial, career or personal counseling
- Career exploration and aptitude assessment
- Tutorial services
- Information on post-secondary education
- Exposure to college campuses and cultural activities
- Information on student financial assistance
- Assistance in completing college admissions and financial aid applications
- Assistance in preparing for college entrance exams
- Mentoring programs
- Workshops for the families of the participants
Who qualifies for Educational Talent Search?
ETS identifies and assists eligible students who have the potential to succeed in higher education. Schools serviced by ETS include:
- Etowah Middle School (grades 6-8)
- Etowah High School (grades 9-12)
- Emma Sansom Middle School (grades 6-8)
- Gadsden Middle School (grades 6-8)
- Litchfield Middle School (grades 6-8)
- Gadsden City High School (grades 9-12)
- Gaston High (grades 9-12)
- Sardis High (grades 9-12)
- West End High School (grades 7-12)
What’s the application process for Educational Talent Search?
Students interested in applying for Talent Search may do so by submitting an online application. Please note that both the Student and Parent sections must be completed in order for the application to be processed. Students and families selected for participation will be notified by program staff.
Allen Hall, 2nd Floor, Gadsden State Community College Wallace Drive Campus (1001 George Wallace Drive Gadsden, AL 35903)
Keith Robinson, Director | 256-549-8374 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Rita Jones, Outreach Advisor | 256-549-8443
Melissa Piceno, Outreach Advisor | 256-549-8378