Displaced Workers

Steps for TAA/TRA/WIOA benefit approval and posting of funds:

  1. Displaced worker is to file for unemployment benefits online
  2. TAA petition letter is mailed to the displaced workers
  3. Displaced worker is to visit and/or call your area Career Center to schedule testing and session
  4. Displaced worker completes testing and paperwork with Career Center


To apply to Gadsden State, see steps below:

  1. Begin the TAA benefits approval process
  2. Complete the 2020-21 FAFSA application using 2018 tax information and enter Gadsden State Community College school code 001017.  Visit FAFSA.gov
  3. Apply for college admission online at gadsdenstate.edu
  4. Speak to an Enrollment Specialist


Additional Links

GSCC College Calendar

Alabama Department of Labor

Alabama JobLink